where can I obtain Trade and Industry Information?
The following sources of market information for countries and products have been provided to assist all those market researchers interested in the collection and analysis of trade and industry data. For your information, all data sources can be accessed online. However, registration is required in the case of some providers. You can now proceed by clicking on your choice depending on your requirements and enjoy the rest of your information search with us.
Trade and Industry Information
- The International Trade Centre (ITC) in Geneva provides trade and industry data through a variety of sources:
Market News Service (MNS) to access current price information and qualitative information such as market trends, industry news, regulatory updates, trade show reviews and interviews with market players on a wide variety of commodities. http://www.intracen.org/exporters/Market-News-Service/
TradeMap to review indicators on export performance, export and import statistics of 220 countries and territories and 5300 products of the Harmonized System. http://www.trademap.org/
ITC Sector Portals to access information on specific sectors, including market studies, smart links and business contacts. http://www.intracen.org/exporters/sectors/
Market Access Map to access information on customs tariffs (import duties) and other measures applied by 190 importing countries to products from 239 countries and territories. http://www.macmap.org/
ITC's Online Library to obtain references and/or direct access to a wide range of trade and product related on-line & printed sources of trade information. http://www.intracen.org/exporters/online-library/
- US Department of Agriculture's Foreign Agricultural Service provides foreign market information reports and details on food markets in more than 50 countries. www.fas.usda.gov
- GLOBEFISH is an FAO initiative which features market reports by fish species or by country, world price reports, and guides on standards and regulations. www.globefish.org
- EXPORT.GOV is a United States government site that features market reports, trade leads, and trade show listings. www.export.gov
- World Integrated Trade Solution (WITS) of the World Bank provide users with capabilities to retrieve and analyze trade and tariff data; convert data between different nomenclatures; customize country and product groups; and download data. https://wits.worldbank.org/WITS/WITS/Restricted/Login.aspx
- World Development Indicators (WDI) is the primary World Bank collection of development indicators, compiled from officially-recognized international sources. It presents the most current and accurate global development data available, and includes national, regional and global estimates. http://data.worldbank.org/data-catalog/world-development-indicators
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) INDSTAT4 Database
- provides statistics database at the 4-digit level of ISIC (INDSTAT4) contains highly disaggregated data on the manufacturing sector for the period 1990 onwards. The database contains seven principle indicators of industrial statistics. http://www.unido.org/index.php?id=1002104
- FAOSTAT of the UN Food for Agricultural Organization collates and disseminates food and agricultural statistics globally. It produces publications, working papers and statistical yearbooks that cover food security, prices, production and trade and agri-environmental statistics. http://faostat3.fao.org/home/index.html#VISUALIZE
- The Gambia Investment & Export Promotion Agency (GIEPA) provides potential exporters with training and expertise to help you succeed in international markets. The national trade portal features market information, trade statistics, Gambian company profiles, export preparation assistance and more. www.giepa.gm
Other Useful Internet Sources
For assistance please do not hesitate to contact the Business and Export Development Department at GIEPA on telephone (220) 4377377/78 or send queries to E-mail: email@example.com.