Business Development Services (BDS) for MSMEs
To provide business support services to small and medium enterprises in The Gambia in order to enhance their income generation capacities with a view to achieving sustainable growth, employment creation and poverty alleviation.
Our BDS Approaches
We provide two broad categories of services for SME’s as highlighted below:
- Operational Services are those needed for the day-to-day operations, such as information and communications, management of accounts and tax records, and compliance with labor laws and other regulations.
- Strategic Services are used by the enterprise to address medium- and long-term issues in order to improve the performance of the enterprise, its access to markets, and its ability to compete. For example, strategic services can help the enterprise to identify and service markets, design products, set up facilities, and seek financing etc.
Such business development services in general include training, advisory services, marketing facilitation, market research and business linkage promotion.
We provide face-face training in the form of capacity building and coaching programs at subsidized cost for SME’s in The Gambia through our Network of BDS providers. In addition, we provide free access to a variety of online business reading materials available on the download’s section that can be used for self tutorial. By using these strategies, we shall enlighten and empower you in your search for innovative business management solutions.
Our business advisory services offer SME’s the golden chance to receive expert counselling and guidance on all business development related matters. We take you through a step-by-step process to look into the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of your enterprise and give advice as to how you can outperform your competitors in the market place. Please contact us today to help you find solutions to your business management problems.
We help SME’s to:
- Identify a niche market in The Gambia and abroad
- Increase marketing productivity and develop good corporate image
- Design and develop new products as innovative business solutions for target customer needs
We frequently carry out market research on fortnightly basis to find out existing commodity prices in The Gambia. We also conduct value chain studies of some products with a view to expand productivity based commercial viability in both domestic and international export markets. Visit our download’s section for information.
B2B & B2C Linkages
We promote and facilitate linkages between domestic business enterprises as well as between domestic and foreign enterprises in the form of joint ventures, partnerships, memorandum of understandings etc. We also provide linkages between individual/group producer(s) and bulk buying tradesmen with a view to facilitate timely marketing of consumable products in The Gambia.