Attractive Sectoral Opportunities
The Gambia has strong investment potential across the agribusiness sector.
- Crop production of rice, maize, sorghum, millet, sesame, groundnuts, baby corn, cassava
- Crop production of oil crops such as cashew, palm oil, coconuts
- Investing in modern inputs to increase production yield
- Fruits that suit Europe’s off season demand such as mangoes, bananas, & citrus
- Vegetables that suit Europe’s off season demands like onions, potatoes, lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes
- Flowers, particularly chrysanthemums, orchids, and roses
Poultry & Livestock
- Poultry layers and broilers
- Livestock production, especially sheep, goats, pigs, and dairy products
- Cross-breeding with European breeds of cattle for increased meat and milk production
- Animal feed
Fisheries & Aquaculture
- Vessel operators
- Processing plants with consistent supply of fish
- Shelters and nurseries for shrimp, catfish, wild oysters, etc.
- Modern storage and processing facilities (smoked, canned, or fresh fish).
- Fertilizer, seeds, tools, and agrochemicals
- Cold storage and silos facilities
- Industrial processing of vegetables and fruits
- Land preparation mechanisms
- Irrigation facilities
- Post-harvest machinery