Attractive Sectoral Opportunities
The Gambia has strong investment potential across the ICT sector
Upgrading Telecoms Network
- Increasing internet penetration rates across the country is a top priority for the government of The Gambia.
- Investment into upgrading and developing new telecoms networks to provide affordable broadband to Gambians is a strong investment opportunity.
- The Gambia is currently a cash-based economy and with increased urbanization and increasing internet penetration rates, the mobile banking sector is soon to develop as it has across other African nations.
- The E-commerce market has rapidly expanded across Africa and such opportunities for expansion into The Gambia are present.
- Investment into the E-Commerce will also help facilitate growth of other sectors such as agribusiness and transport.
- The Gambia has a youthful population with an increasing number of graduates.
- Trends in E-Education have accelerated because of the Covid-19 pandemic and are forecasted to continue.
IT Hardware Sales
- With a growing population, rising internet penetration rates and increased use of technology overall, The Gambia is a prime location for sales of IT hardware such as mobile phones, tablets, sim cards, computers and more.