EPZs and Parks
EXPORT PROCESSING ZONES AND INDUSTRIAL PARKS
The Gambia has several export processing zones (EPZs) and industrial parks which provide benefits to foreign and local investors seeking to establish or expand operations in the country.
EPZ enterprises are exempted from import duties and excise duties, as well as corporate income tax and municipal taxes. Enterprises located outside an EPZ exporting at least 30 per cent of their products may enjoy a 10% reduction in annual corporate or turnover tax liability for up to five years.
July 22nd Business Park
The July 22nd Business Park was developed by GIEPA as the country’s first export processing zone.
Located at the Banjul International Airport in Yundum and in one of the fastest growing areas of the country, this strategic location is comprised of 168-hectares of land. The July 22nd Business Park offers opportunities through private sector participation for the development of commercial office space, industrial complex, hotels and resorts, and other real estate opportunities within the vicinity. The Business Park is open to foreign investors for additional expansion.
Current facilities at the Business Park include:
- Electricity-1-2MW powering generator
- Industrial water connection
- Telecommunication & waste management services infrastructure
- Fuel depot
- Access roads
- Customs house
- Security fence
- Attractive landscaping and natural environment
Business activities to be pursued at the Business Park include:
- Manufacturing and processing
- Assembling, bulk breaking
- Labelling, packaging and repackaging
- Information, communication and technology activities
- Financial and offshore services