Attractive Sectoral Opportunities
The Gambia has strong investment potential across the transport sector.
Cold Storage Transport
- Refrigerated and temperature-controlled transportation, especially to cater to the agribusiness sector and demand from the ECOWAS community.
Air Transport (inter-regional flights)
- Short-haul flight connections to short-distance locations throughout West Africa.
- Desirable locations with high-demand include Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal and others that contribute to The Gambia's growing tourism industry.
Short-Range Costal Shipping
- Short-range costal shipping, especially to cater to the agribusiness sector and tourism sectors.
- Small-vessel river transport operators to cater to the growing tourism sector.
- Transport operators to cater to local passenger transportation needs.
- Cargo operators to cater to the growing agribusiness and export sectors.
Bridge, Port & Road Infrastructure
- General opportunities for infrastructure development and improvements on the coast and along the River Gambia.
- Expansion opportunities for the Port of Banjul.